What you need to know:
- South West Podiatry are happy to accept self-referrals.
- Your insurance provider may require a GP/Consultant referral prior to attending.
- Contact WPA if you have any doubt regarding your policy coverage prior to attending. South West Podiatry cannot speak to your insurance company on your behalf.
- In all cases through WPA, South West Podiatry will bill your insurance company for each consultation. It is your responsibility to inform WPA prior to each consultation.
- If WPA fail to cover your consultation fees, South West Podiatry will send you an invoice.
Things not covered
- Unfortunately, WPA do not cover dressings, medication or medical devices such as orthotics and splints. Your Podiatrist can discuss if self-pay fees apply.
Obtaining an Authorisation Code
- Prior to attending your appointment though WPA, please ensure that you gain a pre-authorisation number from your insurance company and understand how much your policy excess should be by calling WPA on 0345 122 3100. You can also speak to WPA by clicking here: WPA
- Find out your policy excess and what appointments are covered.
- Below we have given the provider numbers of our podiatrists who are registered with WPA, as well as the procedure codes that you will need to give them to obtain an authorisation code.
- We strongly recommend that you request all of our podiatrists be included on your policy as you may see multiple practitioners during your episode of care.
- If your private medical insurance claims are unsuccessful or treatment is refused by your private medical insurance company, you (the patient) would be liable for all costs. Please ensure that you have pre authorisation prior to attending an appointment, and understand what type of appointments are authorised to avoid unexpected bills.
WPA Procedure codes for podiatrists:
You will need the following code when speaking to WPA: SP000259. Your appointments need to be pre authorised using the above code and South West Podiatry will bill WPA directly for all appointments and treatments. It is important to ensure that you gain pre authorisation prior to attending any appointment within South West Podiatry. Patients are liable for appointment fees at the self-pay rate at the time of appointment if South West Podiatry are not provided with an approved pre authorisation code.
As of November 2023, WPA have confirmed that all of our treatments are covered under the SP000259 code with our approved WPA podiatrists below. This is subject to your personal policy with WPA and pre approval being retrieved.
- Brunilda Agalliu: 920582069
- Liam McManus: 920540465
- Mathilde Fullerton 921168444
- Penny Kay: 921029855
- Tom Walton: 920695815
We are here to help you. Schedule a consultation online with your podiatrist, click here: BOOK ONLINE. Alternatively, speak to our friendly booking team Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm or Friday 9am – 3:30pm on 02071646607