Government guidance from 12/05/2020:
Earlsfield clinic is now open with full PPE and Social Distancing measures. Call 02071646607 to speak to our administrative team who are happy to discuss your treatment options at this time.
Earlsfield clinic is now open
Consider scheduling an Online Video Consultation: BOOK ONLINE
Worried about leaving the house but have foot or ankle pain? Schedule a FREE 10 minute video catch-up with our specialist team: BOOK ONLINE
At South West Podiatry we are very much aware and understand concern about Covid-19. Whilst the situation is ever-changing, South West Podiatry are monitoring the development daily and are actively taking guidance from the NHS, College of Podiatry, government business guidance and expert advice by the Chief Medical Officer, Public Health England.
As a podiatric medical practice generally managing bacterial and viral infections on a daily basis, our cleaning and hygiene standards are in line with current College of Podiatry, Health Care Profession Council and NHS guidelines. We want to tell you about some of the steps we have taken:
- All staff are temperature checked at the start of their working day.
- All clients will have their temperature checked prior to appointment. Clients with a high temperature will be advised to return home and call 111
- EARLSFIELD: We have a new temporary reception area with adequate social distancing measures and hand gel stations. Enter through the middle door between ProPhysiotherpay and South West Podiatry, follow the stairs and turn right into the temporary reception area. The reception is well signposted.
- Clients are required to wear a mask throughout contact with our clinics. A mask can be provided to you at a cost of £2 per mask.
- Where possible, only one person at a time should attend their appointment.
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment, or a few minutes prior.
- Our Podiatry staff will be in full PPE; mask, apron, gloves and occasionally a face shield.
- We use Clinell Antibacterial wipes before and after each consultation paying particular attention to the surfaces that customers and colleagues touch most regularly. We have also allowed additional time between client appointments.
- We encourage clients to use Chlorhexadine Hibi Scrub handwashing or alcohol gel handwashing before treatment and after.
- Additional cleaning measures are in place.
- We are also being extra cautious in terms of any colleague signs of illness, isolating where necessary and going over and above the advice from government and the WHO. We are checking the following NHS 111 Covid-19 online information page daily: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
- Clients are encouraged to Stay At Home if they have signs or symptoms of Covid-19. We are actively screening clients prior to booking by our administrative team who will ask and record a series of questions within your medical notes. Clients will also be screened at their appointment.
- Finally, we’re in constant contact with all relevant authorities to make sure that we continue to do everything we can.
In return, we ask that you please do not attend your appointment if you feel unwell. As well as:
- Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue – then wash your hands with soap and water or use a sanitiser.
- Use our free hand gel frequently whilst in our clinical environment.
- Please allow us to take your temperature with a no-touch thermometer
- You will not be invoiced for missed appointments if you feel unwell.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please call 02071646607. During this period we will apply a reasonable cancellation policy and you will not be invoiced if you are unwell. Please try and give our organisation as much notice as possible if you wish to cancel your appointment.