I have knee pain but my Physiotherapist or Physician has suggested to see a Podiatrist, why?
Your physiotherapist or physician may suggest that a mechanical overload which originates from your feet is responsible for some of your knee discomfort. Our team of podiatrists work closely with physiotherapists to ascertain the cause of your knee pain for which there are many diagnosis of knee pain which a podiatrist can help with.
A number of special tests exist to investigate the individual structures of the knee. These include:
Ligament Stability Tests
- Anterior cruciate ligament – Lachmans and anterior drawer.
- Posterior cruciate ligament – stressing the ligament.
- LCL- pressure on medial aspect of knee when in 30 degrees.
- Medial ligament – pressure on lateral side of knee joint when in 30 degrees of flexion.
- Medial Meniscus- McMurrays.
- Lateral Meniscus- McMurrays.
- Rotating and pressing down on the knee in prone position.
- Assess the ‘tracking’ movement of the patella both medial and laterally.
- Scoop test for swelling on the knee.
- Glide test for pain under the patella.
How can our team help you if have knee pain?
After an initial consultation with our experienced podiatry team, we will identify if you require simple insoles to reduce the mechanical stresses caused by your feet or more intensive treatment. Your physiotherapist or consultant may suggest that a mechanical overload is responsible for some of your knee discomfort. Running re-training or a full Advanced Analysis may be discussed to reduce the mechanical stress on your knees caused by walking or running. Orthotics are useful for certain symptoms of knee pain which are prescribed to you to improve symptoms and offload areas of the knee caused by mechanical inefficiencies in the feet.
How to book:
If you are a New Patient, please schedule an Initial Consultation online, click here: BOOK ONLINE. Existing patients can also schedule a follow-up consultation online: BOOK ONLINE . Please check your Podiatrists Bio here: About us Alternatively call: 02071646607 to speak to our friendly booking team Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Insurance and Fees:
We accept most major private medical insurance companies including BUPA, Vitality, WPA, Cigna, AVIVA and Simply Health. A full list of our consultation fees including self-pay can be found here: Insurance and Fees