NHS Podiatry Patients welcome – Small fee required for consultation see below
Our team of private podiatrists also work within the National Health Service and understand very well about the significant pressures that Covid-19 has placed on local foot services. The NHS understandably needs to prioritise people who are considered high risk or who have acute foot problems whilst also monitoring staffing levels during this pandemic period. As a result, all non-essential appointments have been cancelled.
South West Podiatry have taken steps to support our local NHS Podiatry service. From the 25th March 2020 until the 1st of June 2020, we are offering appointments to anybody who has been previously reviewed by the local NHS Podiatry services within the last 3 months, who require an urgent foot service.
Please see the criteria below prior to attending your appointment:
Please note that in order for us to be able to offer this service, there will be a small fee to cover some of costs of the clinic costs including: administrative duties, dressings, medicines and staff costs. This appointment is available for initial consultations and follow-up consultations during the period of 25th March 2020 to 1st June 2020, at a discounted rate of £32 per appointment. We would also welcome any NHS Key worker staff to support any foot concern at a 50 % discounted rate on fee’s throughout this period.
If you require ingrown toenail surgery or a Remote Podiatry Video Consultation in order to reduce contact, we have also discounted our private fee for NHS Podiatry patients who fall into the criteria below, by 50% during this period. We are happy to discuss the cost of this with you, as costs will vary according to what you may need.
Face to face appointments will be scheduled at our Earlsfield clinic only, SW184HR. This service aims to reduce strain on the local NHS Podiatry team.
Please note that you do not need to contact your GP or local NHS Podiatry service to access South West Podiatry. Schedule your appointment online by clicking the following link: Book Online
You will need to provide one of the following documents below during your consultation:
- An appointment letter or correspondence from the local NHS Podiatry service valid within the last 3 months
- An SMS appointment confirmation from the local NHS Podiatry service, valid within the last 3 months
- An email from the local NHS Podiatry service confirming that you have received care within the last 3 months
Please see the below criteria to determine if you may qualify for such an appointment:
- Seen within the NHS Podiatry service within the last 3 months (The patient does not need to contact the local NHS Podiatry service)
- Ingrown toe nail
- Infected ingrown toenail requiring antibiotics
- A previous history of foot ulceration (Diabetic or Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Ulceration currently present
- Suspected infection / foot infection requiring antibiotics
- Bleeding / pus or foot wound
- Significant foot pain impacting the ability to walk or exercise to improve mental health throughout this period
Exclusion criteria for this type of consultation:
- Firstly, please consider if your condition is Urgent or whether your condition could be delayed without causing a complication. To reduce Face to Face contact please also consider a Remote Podiatry Video Consultation
- Non-Essential foot problem
- Routine foot care including low risk nail cutting, hard skin, verrucae or callus
- Low risk diabetic foot care (Please consider if you have any of the above inclusion criteria)
- Sports injury excluding suspected fracture
- Musculoskeletal conditions (Excluding suspected fracture)
- Nail care (Excluding high risk diabetic nail care)
- Hard skin removal (Excluding high risk diabetic patients who have had a history of ulceration / wound or infection)
- We encourage you to seek a local private podiatrist near you by searching the NHS database of podiatrists. Click HERE to search the database
- Patients who schedule appointments who cannot prove they have been managed within the local NHS Podiatry service will be charged at our usual private self-pay fees
Click HERE to schedule your NHS Urgent Face to Face Podiatry consultation today at our Earlsfield Clinic.
An Advanced Analysis may be booked following an initial consultation to identify the cause of mechanical stress on the plantar fascia or foot structure, caused by walking or running. An infra-red pressure assessment may also be used to provide data to analyse increased forces through your feet. Orthotics are useful for certain symptoms of plantar heel pain which are prescribed to you to improve symptoms and offload areas of the feet caused by mechanical inefficiencies.
Specialist Foot & Ankle clinics located in the heart of #Earlsfield, #Wimbledon and #Maidenhead – Schedule online today👇👇👇👇🦶: www.swpodiatry.co.uk
How to book:
Click the following link to schedule your consultation online 24/7: BOOK ONLINE. Alternatively, speak to our friendly booking team between 9am-5pm Monday-Saturday: 020 7164 6607
Insurance and Fee’s:
We accept most major private medical insurance companies including BUPA, Vitality, WPA, Cigna, AVIVA and Simply Health. A full list of our consultation fee’s including self-pay can be found here: Insurance and Fee’s. Our Podiatry team are health care professional council registered, meaning they are required to maintain professional standards and continued professional development. As an organisation we have invested in the latest diagnostic technology in order to help our podiatry team, help you. We have onsite diagnostic ultrasound available at Maidenhead and Earlsfield clinics. Infra-red pressure analysis available at Maidenhead and Earlsfield clinics with treadmill examinations.