Brunilda is our resident foot specialist in Earlsfield and Wimbledon. She’s a mum first then Podiatrist second ! In 2015 she gave birth to her identical twin boys who absorb most of her time and energy. Together they enjoy family trips and activities, cooking and keeping active. Its safe to say, she knows how to manage children’s feet!
Here are Brunilda’s 10 Tips for children’s feet in preventing foot pain.
- From the moment your child starts to walk, their feet must be measured for length and width.
- Buy correct sized socks.
- Clarks is a great shoe shop for children’s shoes, but not all the range is suitable! Once your child has had their feet measured, buy lace up shoes or shoes with a buckle and ensure they have a slight heel and a supportive heel counter for maximum foot support.
- Sweaty feet are normal, make sure you wash your child’s feet daily.
- Alternate shoes every day. It takes 48 hours for sweat to dry from your child’s shoes!
- Cut your child’s nails straight across to avoid ingrowing toe nails.
- Inspect your child’s nails and feet for signs of inflammation, infection or itching.
- AVOID PLIMSOLLS AT ALL COSTS!!! These shoes are a Podiatrists worst nightmare!
- Growing pains are not always growing pains, especially in young sporty children, particularly aged 10-15.
- Check your child’s wear pattern on their shoes. Normal wear pattern is on the outside border of the heel. Excessive wear pattern or an abnormal wear pattern may be due to walking or running problems which your Podiatrist can diagnose, assess and manage.
Specialist Foot & Ankle clinics located in the heart of #Earlsfield, #Wimbledon and #Maidenhead – Schedule online today👇👇👇👇🦶: www.swpodiatry.co.uk
How to book:
Click the following link to schedule your consultation online 24/7: BOOK ONLINE. Alternatively, speak to our friendly booking team between 9am-5pm Monday-Saturday: 020 7164 6607
Insurance and Fee’s:
We accept most major private medical insurance companies including BUPA, Vitality, WPA, Cigna, AVIVA and Simply Health. A full list of our consultation fee’s including self-pay can be found here: Insurance and Fee’s. Our Podiatry team are health care professional council registered, meaning they are required to maintain professional standards and continued professional development. As an organisation we have invested in the latest diagnostic technology in order to help our podiatry team, help you. We have onsite diagnostic ultrasound available at Maidenhead and Earlsfield clinics. Infra-red pressure analysis available at Maidenhead and Earlsfield clinics with treadmill examinations.