Covid-19 – UPDATE – We are OPENSouth West Podiatry
UPDATED: 21/03/2020 “OPEN – Operating a reduced clinical service and Remote Podiatry Consultations”
NEWS: To minimise contact with new clients and to help our existing clients continue to manage foot pain including ingrown toe nails, we have a Remote Video Consultation platform. To schedule a Video Consultation with your Foot and Ankle specialist, book online here: www.swpodiatry.co.uk/book-appointment
At South West Podiatry we are very much aware and understand concern about Covid-19. Whilst the situation is ever-changing, South West Podiatry are monitoring the development daily and are actively taking guidance from the NHS, government business guidance and expert advice by the Chief Medical Officer, Public Health England.
Covid-19 – We wanted to let you know that as a business we are open and operating a reduced service with clients also able to access South West Podiatry via Remote Video Consultation. As Key workers we want to make sure we can fulfil the needs of our clients during these times
As a medical practice generally managing bacterial and viral infections on a daily basis, our cleaning and hygiene standards are in line with current College of Podiatry, Health Care Profession Council and NHS guidelines. We want to tell you about some of the steps we take on a daily basis at each of our clinical sites:
- In each of our locations we pay particular attention to the surfaces that customers and colleagues touch most regularly.
- We use Chlorhexidine (Hibi Scrub) hand wash before and after each clients consultation.
- We encourage clients to use Chlorhexadine Hibi Scrub handwashing or alcohol gel which is available at each clinical site.
- Clinell Antibacterial wipes are used before and after each consultation to wipe the patient couch, chairs and any equipment used.
- We are also being extra cautious in terms of any colleague signs of illness, isolating where necessary and going over and above the advice from government and the WHO. We are checking the following NHS 111 Covid-19 online information page daily: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
- Finally, we’re in constant contact with all relevant authorities to make sure that we continue to do everything we can.
In return, we ask that you please do not attend your appointment if you feel unwell. As well as:
- Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue – then wash your hands with soap and water or use a sanitiser.
If you experience a new persistent cough, have a high temperature OR have come into contact with a confirmed case of Coronavirus, please do not attend your appointment, self-isolate for 7 days and call 111. Families will need to self isolate for 14 days. Please check the following NHS 111 link to review if you need to self isolate and cancel your appointment: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
If you need to cancel your appointment, please call 02071646607. During this period we will apply a reasonable cancellation policy. Please try and give our organisation as much notice as possible if you wish to cancel your appointment.