Nail surgery Maidenhead and Wimbledon | South West Podiatry | Foot SpecialistsSouth West Podiatry
Nail surgery Maidenhead and Wimbledon | South West Podiatry | Foot Specialists
Nail surgery is performed in Maidenhead and Wimbledon. Nail surgery is a routine minor surgical procedure, completed under local aesthetic. Our team of foot specialists provide this long term treatment at The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead and South West Podiatry clinic in Wimbledon. The following blog explains further patient information about the process of nail surgery and the likely aftercare.
Nail Surgery – How will the toe nail be removed?
- After an assessment for suitability for this procedure, two local anaesthetic injections will be injected into the toe/toe’s.
- After 5 minutes the toe/toe’s will be numb and either a portion of the nail or the whole nail will be removed. This makes the procedure pain free.
- A chemical (phenol) will be applied to destroy the exposed nail bed so the part of the removed nail never grows back again (95% success).
- The toe is then dressed with a large bandage.
- After the procedure you are required to rest and take pain relief (if required).
- This procedure takes around one hour, you can walk normally afterwards but are required to bring flip flops and cannot drive for 24 hours. The wound takes between 6-10 weeks to heal.
How painful is it afterwards?
Most patients do not need pain relief medication following this procedure however some patients may experience mild symptoms. If the toe is painful it is advisable to take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol and nothing which contains anti-coagulant medication such as Asprin.
Are there any risks involved?
This procedure is considered a safe and effective way to treat in growing toe nails. Like any procedure there are minor risks involved which your podiatrist will discuss with you during the assessment and when gaining formal consent prior to booking this procedure.
Hello Liam, been meaning to message you to say thank you very much for sorting my ingrowing toe nails out. They took there time to heal properly, but now they have and my feet are much more comfortable. Your treatment was highly considerate and professional and I wouldn’t hesitate on recommending you to anyone – Mr Chandler
Specialist Foot & Ankle clinics located in the heart of #Earlsfield, #Wimbledon and #Maidenhead – Schedule online today👇👇👇👇🦶: www.swpodiatry.co.uk
How to book:
Click the following link to schedule your consultation online 24/7: BOOK ONLINE. Alternatively, speak to our friendly booking team between 9am-5pm Monday-Saturday: 020 7164 6607
Insurance and Fee’s:
We accept most major private medical insurance companies including BUPA, Vitality, WPA, Cigna, AVIVA and Simply Health. A full list of our consultation fee’s including self-pay can be found here: Insurance and Fee’s. Our Podiatry team are health care professional council registered, meaning they are required to maintain professional standards and continued professional development. As an organisation we have invested in the latest diagnostic technology in order to help our podiatry team, help you. We have onsite diagnostic ultrasound available at Maidenhead and Earlsfield clinics. Infra-red pressure analysis available at Maidenhead and Earlsfield clinics with treadmill examinations.