Nail surgery | Ingrowing toe nail | Maidenhead
An Ingrowing toe nail can be painful. How can podiatry resolve an in growing toe nail in Maidenhead ?
Ingrowing toe nail issues within Maidenhead can be conservatively managed, but when symptoms persist our dedicated team of foot specialists can resolve your symptoms with a minor surgical procedure.
Nail surgery is a long term solution to a painful condition. During the nail surgery procedure, a portion of the nail or the whole nail can be permanently removed under local anaesthetic using a chemical called phenol.
Signs and Symptoms of in-growing toe nails:
- Hard skin near the nail.
- Tenderness in the skin around the nail.
- Swelling around the skin and nail.
- The skin may be bleeding.
- A curved painful toe nail.
- The toe is painful.
- Redness in the skin next to the nail.
- The toe may be hot.
- Pus or infection may be present near the toe nail.
Causes of ingrowing toe nails:
- Footwear – ill fitting shoes and footwear which are too tight.
- Inappropriate cutting – leaving spikes in the nail which pierce the skin.
- Injury – Dropping an object on the nail or sports such as running causing pressure on the nail.
- Hereditary nail conditions – Abnormal curves in the nail.
- Posture or foot abnormality.
- Deep/wide footwear giving you more space around the toes.
- Soaking the feet in salt water and using antiseptic cream such as savlon.
- Conservative cutting of the nail completed regularly by podiatrists.
- Nail surgery – Removal of part of the nail or the whole nail.
Specialist Foot & Ankle clinics located in the heart of #Earlsfield, #Wimbledon and #Maidenhead – Schedule online today👇👇👇👇🦶: www.swpodiatry.co.uk
How to book:
Click the following link to schedule your consultation online 24/7: BOOK ONLINE. Alternatively, speak to our friendly booking team between 9am-5pm Monday-Saturday: 020 7164 6607
Insurance and Fee’s:
We accept most major private medical insurance companies including BUPA, Vitality, WPA, Cigna, AVIVA and Simply Health. A full list of our consultation fee’s including self-pay can be found here: Insurance and Fee’s. Our Podiatry team are health care professional council registered, meaning they are required to maintain professional standards and continued professional development. As an organisation we have invested in the latest diagnostic technology in order to help our podiatry team, help you. We have onsite diagnostic ultrasound available at Maidenhead and Earlsfield clinics. Infra-red pressure analysis available at Maidenhead and Earlsfield clinics with treadmill examinations.