10 Tips for Children’s feet | Prevent foot pain | Earlsfield | WimbledonSouth West Podiatry
Brunilda is our resident foot specialist in Earlsfield and Wimbledon. She’s a mum first then Podiatrist second ! In 2015 she gave birth to her identical twin boys who absorb most of her time and energy. Together they enjoy family trips and activities, cooking and keeping active. Its safe to say, she knows how to manage children’s feet!
Here are Brunilda’s 10 Tips for children’s feet in preventing foot pain.
- From the moment your child starts to walk, their feet must be measured for length and width.
- Buy correct sized socks.
- Clarks is a great shoe shop for children’s shoes, but not all the range is suitable! Once your child has had their feet measured, buy lace up shoes or shoes with a buckle and ensure they have a slight heel and a supportive heel counter for maximum foot support.
- Sweaty feet are normal, make sure you wash your child’s feet daily.
- Alternate shoes every day. It takes 48 hours for sweat to dry from your child’s shoes!
- Cut your child’s nails straight across to avoid ingrowing toe nails.
- Inspect your child’s nails and feet for signs of inflammation, infection or itching.
- AVOID PLIMSOLLS AT ALL COSTS!!! These shoes are a Podiatrists worst nightmare!
- Growing pains are not always growing pains, especially in young sporty children, particularly aged 10-15.
- Check your child’s wear pattern on their shoes. Normal wear pattern is on the outside border of the heel. Excessive wear pattern or an abnormal wear pattern may be due to walking or running problems which your Podiatrist can diagnose, assess and manage.
If you are concerned about your child’s feet, whether this is an in-growing toe nail, verrucae, walking problems or flat feet, you can call us between 9AM-6 PM Monday to Friday and 9AM-4 PM on Saturdays to book in with Brulinda.
020 7164 6607